Gall Thomson Environmental – Mechanical Design Engineer
TMS Search & Selection was instructed by Gall Thomson Environmental Ltd to help grow its Mechanical Design team by bringing in a Graduate Engineer. The team needed young blood that could be moulded and developed to support the increasing demands within the Oil & gas industry in East Anglia.
• Modify and create 3D models and manufacturing drafts from original hand drawings using SolidWorks
• Produce drawings and provide technical engineering expertise on the company’s products plus project management tasks, progress reports, engineering change notices, liaising with customers and supporting the workshop
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and production engineering knowledge sufficient to create engineering drawings, calculations and relevant documentation
• Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the organisation and external customers and suppliers
• Liaise with shop floor production staff to troubleshoot engineering / technical product problems in order to make improvements
• Regionally there was a shortage of Graduate talent and the demand from other Oil & Gas companies was high.
• The likelihood was we would have to search outside the region and attract the right candidate.
• TMS met with the clients General Manager and Head of Operations to define the key responsibilities and re-designed the job specification for the Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer.
• By working closely with senior stakeholders across the EMEA region, we were able to understand and communicate the company culture & role requirements
Recruited a highly talented Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer from outside the region who has made a real impact since taking up their appointment.
"All recruitment is important but it was essential we got this one right - we’d tried to find someone ourselves but it’s tricky finding the right person, with the right qualifications where we’re located. It was clear we needed specialist help so after talking with TMS Search & Selection we felt reassured they had the experience, knowledge and determination to get us the right person. They took time to understand our business, the type of candidate we wanted and the specialist skills required for the role. They put in the hard yards and gave us a shortlist of candidates to choose from – in the end we were spoilt for choice! "