NW Brown Group – Investment Manager
TMS Search & Selection had previously been engaged by NW Brown Group to recruit a Financial Planner and as a result had been recommended by one of its Directors to help recruit an Investment Manager for its Norwich Office; a position the client had been looking to fill for some time.
• Manage a diverse client base consisting of private individuals, family and charitable trusts and pension funds.
• Provide a professional investment service to all clients, developing existing and new client relationships
• Extensive knowledge of fund management processes and techniques
• Broad understanding of compliance processes and procedures
• Investment Management Certificate before starting – CF30
• Securities Institute Diploma or equivalent
• The client had tried for some time to fill the role using their own network of contacts within the sector but had been unable to attract the required level of talent.
• The talent pool for this type of candidate in this location was small so the challenge was going to be how can we widen the search and grow the number of potential targets.
• TMS Search met with the key stakeholders in the process to fully understand the scope of the role, the difficulties they’d previously encountered and the level of demand that was going to be placed upon the successful candidate.
• A detailed & exhaustive mapping of the market took place to identify individuals capable of fulfilling the role. An advertised search approach was added to the process along with proactive headhunting, networking and referral methodology to maximise exposure to all potential individuals.
The above approach resulted in securing an experienced Investment Manager from a leading firm within the sector to relocate to East Anglia.
Before deciding to use TMS Search & Selection we looked at the competition. I am pleased we all agreed to use TMS Search after one of my colleagues said she had found them to be the best recruiters by far when they brought in a superb financial planner last year. They made the recruitment process relatively painless for all of us, made sure we only saw suitable candidates but guided us only when asked. Choosing good Investment Managers is absolutely crucial to our firm and he really got this. The level of service was top notch, including on one occasion driving a candidate between two interview locations.