ROLE: Engineering Coordinator
LOCATION: Ipswich, Suffolk
SALARY: £30k basic, bonus & benefits
Our client is a $1.23 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. They have 90 offices in 29 countries.
We are working with them to hire a truly exceptional Engineering Coordinator for their People Identification business in the UK.
They offer the widest range of people identification products available on the market: wristbands, badges, lanyards, badge holders, etc. Their products are everywhere from Retail companies (Tesco, B&Q, Santander, M&S, etc), Amusement & Water Parks, Events, Conferences & Trade Shows and many more. Their manufacturing facilities are located in the United Kingdom, Belgium, the United States, Mexico, and China.
The Engineering Coordinator operates across all parts of their Operational teams, supporting the management team and business in researching and proactively implementing improvements in our processes, quality, machinery and products.
- Continuous improvement of their product, process and plant
- Management of the Quality process within the Ipswich site
- Management of complete TPM process
- Support the business to deliver key projects with clear and definable measures of success
- Health Safety Environment and Quality and performance objectives
- Maintain high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely
- Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets
- Conduct day to day and longer term measurements and investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations
- Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process
- Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the Plant’s goals through analysis of KPI data, prioritisation and delivery of improvements in product, process and quality
- Review potential investments in new equipment and technologies, reporting options and solutions to the management team – creating investment proposals/ justifications for agreed projects
- Assure proper process information is developed, reviewed and made available during execution of the work.
- Agree clear quality objectives and then rigorously monitors performance against internal standards, risks and cost constraints
- Ensure processes are mapped, updated and improved
- Deliver KPIs, analysis and action plans
- Timely reporting
- Liaise with other quality functions within the company (and any other company acquisitions/subsidiaries) to maintain compatibility with the group quality policies
- Implement and manage a robust Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programme
- Implement and provide KPIs for business TPM performance
- Create visual management tools to help coordinate this process at team level
- Optimise machine uptime through maintenance and training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Graduate – > 1 year practical experience
- Experience working with process improvement