Role: IT Support Technician
Salary: £30k to £33k basic + Bonus + Benefits
Based: Ipswich, Suffolk
Our client is a $1.23 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. They have 90 offices in 29 countries.
We are working with them to hire an enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join their team in Ipswich.
They offer the widest range of people identification products available on the market: wristbands, badges, lanyards, badge holders, etc. Their products are everywhere from Retail companies (Tesco, B&Q, Santander, M&S, etc), Amusement & Water Parks, Events, Conferences & Trade Shows and many more. Their manufacturing facilities are located in the United Kingdom, Belgium, the United States, Mexico, and China.
As the IT Support Technician you will be a member of their EMEA IT Support team. The goal of the team is to provide 2nd level IT support on the company’s business systems and IT tools for all employees, as well as participate in infrastructure projects.
- Perform IT support activities for the Ipswich site
- Provide remote support for other locations in the EMEA region
- Perform support duties for the implementation, administration, maintenance and support of the Brady standard strategic support processes throughout the organisation:
- Capturing of all incident activity.
- To record any activity on incidents, using the Incident Management System.
- To provide support ensuring appropriate resolutions are provided to all support issues within agreed Service Levels.
- Support duties on the company’s standard infrastructure
- Assist in deployment of IT infrastructure in line with strategic plans and to ensure maximum productivity and effectiveness of the technology.
- Act as the IT business partner for the Ipswich site, liaising between the local business and IT, flagging risks and identifying opportunities for improvement to the IT leadership team and keeping the business team informed about IT activities and projects
- Coordinate local or remote projects and initiatives
- Maintain an awareness of new technologies for IT, and identify potential opportunities to exploit these within the company.
- Create and maintain documentation for the company’s standard infrastructure, support processes and support activities
- Record activities and provide reports to the IT Management team
- Work with the company’s user community to ensure understanding of the business strategy and its support requirements
- Work with the regional IT support and engineering teams to represent Ipswich’s requirements in the ongoing development of the support process.
A good working knowledge is required of the following systems:
- Microsoft Operating Systems, client and server
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Citrix XenApp
- Experience with the following systems is required:
- Enterprise Anti-virus (Symantec, Kaspersky)
- Application packaging (Changebase)
- Application Deployment (Kace)
- Incident Management (Remedy)
- Virtual servers (VMWare ESXi)
- Backup Software (Veeam Backup & Replication)
- Cloud Environment (Google Apps)
- Network technologies knowledge (xDSL / Fiber / TCPIP / VPN / Multisite architecture)
- Phone Systems (Avaya, Alcatel)
- Thorough knowledge of English (written and spoken) – speaking Dutch, French or German would be a major plus
- Academic bachelor in ICT or experience in an IT support job is required.
- Up to 10% travel expected for short term assignments in the UK or abroad