Role: OEM Applications Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £45k-£55k basic, bonus & benefits
Our client is part of a highly successful technology group, is a worldwide manufacturer of specialised filtration equipment for industrial and commercial applications in the oil, gas, petrochemical and refining sector. They have established itself as the market leader at the top end of the niche filtration supply sector.
Its products are considered best in class, its engineering support superior and it holds key client relationships with major stakeholders within the LNG sector and others.
With additional financial resources secured to develop and deliver ambitious organic growth, this is an exciting role in an expanding company (and group) for an individual to become a part of a dynamic and growing team within an International market place.
- Support the sales team by providing technical and engineering product knowledge and guidance on live enquiries and bidding activity, to assist identification and prioritisation of front end sales activity.
- Provide engineering support for sales opportunities for all products in order to achieve and where possible exceed sales and margin budget expectations.
- Lead the technical development and management of the targeted OEM Key Accounts for profitable sales growth – this will be supported by the external sales team.
- To identify new OEM business opportunities, e.g. new clients and markets, for the Company’s products. Provide quotations for assigned customer accounts as required.
- Be the focal point in the sales team for product and market awareness training, including collation of detailed competitor technical offering.
- To maintain and, wherever possible, work to increase the Company’s sales and profitability, consistent with good business practice and the Company’s overall business objectives.
- To work in a logical and professional manner giving clear objective support to the Sales Director. Maximise the conversion of the above opportunities into profitable revenue, with consideration of minimum margin expectation.
- Manage existing OEM customers, make contact with potential new customers, receive sales enquiries and translate same into sales quotations, in accordance with company practice.
- Travel within all of the United Kingdom and overseas as required. It is expected that travel within this role be occasional and should not exceed 10-20% of your working time including some weekends. Assist with the preparation of and attend trade exhibitions as required.
- Support careful contract review of incoming sales enquiries and orders ensuring full compliance with the tender/proposal. To support internal team with converting documentation of such orders into works orders with all associated details.
- Where necessary liaise with purchasing in respect of out sourced components and products to obtain accurate costings. To assist in the compilation of costings and spreadsheets with the internal sales team.
- Where necessary liaise with technical, manufacturing and project departments in respect of lead times, material and tooling availability as required.
- Assist and support the company with the preparation of data sheets, press releases and promotional material for the Company’s products such as white papers. Carry out technical and commercial presentations as necessary to clients.
- 10+ years’ experience in a capital equipment engineering role including pressure vessels.
- Advanced knowledge of CNC and fabrication technologies employed within an engineered products environment.
- In depth knowledge of castings and machining processes.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.