Role: Production Supervisor
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Salary: £25k basic + bonus + benefits
Our client is a $1.23 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. They have 90 offices in 29 countries.
We are working with them to hire a talented Production Supervisor for their People Identification business in the UK.
They offer the widest range of people identification products available on the market: wristbands, badges, lanyards, badge holders, etc. Their products are everywhere from Retail companies (Tesco, B&Q, Santander, M&S, etc), Amusement & Water Parks, Events, Conferences & Trade Shows and many more. Their manufacturing facilities are located in the United Kingdom, Belgium, the United States, Mexico, and China.
- To lead and supervise the team in a way that ensures all product lines are delivered 100% on time and that they are delivered 100% to conformance and to specification.
- To develop individual team member’s knowledge in all aspects, processes and manufacturing techniques, adopting lean and agile methodologies to continuously improve our manufacturing processes, quality and capabilities, whilst delivering all work within the sections budget in line with agreed P & L figures.
- To be the focal point of communication both internally and externally.
- Ensuring that the team are well managed, organised, cared for and operates effectively with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Effectively and efficiently planning and implementing work plans in order to meet the demand.
- Identifies poor/incorrect practice in their team and addresses it quickly
- Plan and undertake department induction for new starters
- Probation period reviews of new starters in their team
- Identifies good performance and provides recognition and feedback
- Delivers accurate and meaningful regular team briefings / toolbox talks
- Investigates performance/conduct issues and reports findings as needed
- Routinely monitors attendance and absence rates to identify potential areas of concern and takes action
- Undertakes return to work interviews and highlights concerns
- Supports the recruitment of new starters
- Challenge and collaborate with team, peers and managers in a respectful manner to resolve problems and issues