Role: Project & Support Engineer
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Sector: Oil & Gas Engineering
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
My client is a market-leading manufacturer and supplier of environmental protection and safety products for fluid transfer operations within the Oil and Gas industry. Their world class products have become an industry standard with a reputation for quality and reliability. These are exciting times and as part of their ambitious growth plan; they are now looking to grow their team further and bring in a Project & Support Engineer.
You will play an important role in the success and on-going expansion of this highly regarded company by supporting the production of drawings and technical engineering expertise on the company’s products as well as carrying out project management tasks, progress reports, liaising with customers.
As Project & Support Engineer you will be the main customer and technical point of contact for all MBC and camlock new build and refurbishment sales orders. In addition you will provide structured and ‘on time’ order fulfilment to all customer orders. This is a role ideally suited to an engineering graduate or a recently qualified engineer with 1 / 2 years industry experience.
- Main point of contact for manufacturing support such as breakstuds, nameplates and technical data.
- Perform basic setting calculations (closure speed/DPL) and maintain the Breakstud ordering process.
- Take a lead role with customers during product FAT’s for all products.
- Produce refurbishment reports to support the companies control system.
- Develop and maintain MBC and camlock IOM and re-setting and refurbishment manuals.
- Produce, update and maintain project specific installation instructions.
- Provide support to the companies ongoing R&D process, including modelling/drafting and basic hand calculations.
- Provide project management and engineering support to carry out internal product testing to further knowledge of the products in support of R&D activities
- Initiate and complete Engineering Change Notices
- Perform drawing, calculation and relevant documentation checking as required
This is a role ideally suited to an engineering graduate or a recently qualified engineer with 1 / 2 years industry experience. You will work individually and within the team, have great communication skills, be self-motivated and eager to expand your knowledge and experience within a production and design engineering setting.
HOW MANY BOXES DO YOU TICK?
- HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Experience in drawing/draughting office
- Previous related experience in coupling, valve, pump or similar capital equipment business
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Good time management and work prioritising skills
- Good analytical skills in mathematical methods, both hand and computational
- Process driven and systematic approach to tasks
- Highly motivated and with the ability to work on several parallel running tasks
- To communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the organisation and external customers and suppliers.
- To be able to liaise with shop floor production staff to troubleshoot engineering / technical product problems in order to make improvements.
- Knowledge of Flange Fittings and specifications
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office products
- 3D CAD user, both for modelling and drafting
- Basic Engineering calculations
- Oil & Gas Industry experience
- FEA/CFD Knowledge
- Work to standards for engineering drawing as defined by BS 8888 (formerly BS 308)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and production engineering knowledge enough to create engineering drawings.
- Experience of working to standards and specifications
- Basic Analytical Skills