Role: Sales Engineer
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
Salary: £45k – £55k basic, car allowance, bonus & benefits
Our client is part of a highly successful technology group, is a worldwide manufacturer of specialised filtration equipment for industrial and commercial applications in the oil, gas, petrochemical and refining sector. They have established itself as the market leader at the top end of the niche filtration supply sector.
Its products are considered best in class, its engineering support superior and it holds key client relationships with major stakeholders within the LNG sector and others.
With additional financial resources secured to develop and deliver ambitious organic growth, this is an exciting role in an expanding company (and group) for an individual to become a part of a dynamic and growing team within an International market place.
- Development of Key Accounts for profitable sales growth
- Maximise the sales opportunities (pipeline development) in order to achieve and where possible exceed sales budget expectations
- To maintain and, wherever possible, increase the Company’s sales and profitability, consistent with good business practice and the Company’s overall business objectives.
- To identify new business opportunities, e.g. new clients and markets, for the Company’s products.
- To ensure a continuous improvement in personal and team’s level of knowledge and expertise in relevant industry developments in all aspects of market and technical standards, so as to maintain the Company’s premium brand reputation and position in its field as a leading engineered filtration solutions provider.
- To work in a logical and professional manner giving clear objective support to the Sales Director
- To take a key role in maintaining and expanding the sale of the Company’s products & Services into all relevant sectors of the Industry.
- Daily sales management and development of pipeline (prospects list) along with management reporting of forecasted business performance within the EPCI sector.
- Maximise the conversion of the above opportunities into profitable revenue with consideration of minimum margin expectation
- Visit with existing customers, make contact with potential new customers and clearly document all such contacts within AX or appropriate media.
- Receive sales enquiries and translate same into sales quotations with support as required from the internal sales team, in accordance with company practice.
- Travel extensively within all of the United Kingdom and overseas as required. It is expected that travel within this role will exceed 50% of your working time including occasional weekends.
- Develop targeted EPCI Key accounts using Key Account Management Framework as stipulated by the Business Development Director and Group
- Assist with the preparation of and attend trade exhibitions as required.
- Support careful contract review of incoming sales enquiries and orders ensuring full compliance with the tender/proposal. To support internal team with documentation of such orders into works orders with all associated details.
- Where necessary liaise with purchasing in respect of out sourced components and products to obtain accurate costings. To assist in the compilation of costings and spreadsheets with the internal sales team.
- Where necessary liaise with technical, manufacturing and project departments in respect of lead times, material and tooling availability as required.
- Assist and support the company with the preparation of data sheets, press releases and promotional material for the Company’s products.
- Carry out technical and commercial presentations as necessary to clients.
- Assist as requested other sales personnel and departments according to the needs of the business.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedures complying with requirements to meet and exceed the international quality standard BS EN ISO 9001.
- Hons Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in a capital equipment project sales role