Role: Senior Paraplanner
Salary: Competitive basic + bonus + benefits
Main purpose of the role
This is a key role to provide a first-class technical support service to the Advisers. Working closely with the Advisers, Directors and the client services support team you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and technical advice, ensuring that the centralised paraplanning function of the business provides an accurate, timely and compliant service.
The seniority of the role requires the ability to confidently present to clients, attend meetings with the Adviser and manage the paraplanning and technical workflow within the business.
The minimum qualification for your role is Level 4 Diploma PFS with progression expected to Chartered Status. Your Employer will assist you with financial support for further training and examination, where relevant, but you will be expected to take full responsibility for your continuous professional and personal development.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- The requisite technical knowledge and qualifications, to meet FCA and company expectations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the firm’s compliance procedures and FCA legislation for suitability report provision and record keeping requirements.
- A high degree of technical product and tax knowledge enabling the most appropriate client solutions.
- A strong communicator, to enable mentoring of other team members.
- Keep up to date with relevant products in the market, legislative and technical changes.
- Ensure relevant CPD is maintained and recorded accurately.
- Promoting the profile of the business within the professional and wider community.
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships across the business to meet expected business and income targets.
- Implementing business wide paraplanning, research and technical procedures.
- Strong understanding of compliance issues and how these affect the advice and suitability process
- Fund, market, product, technical and financial research and analysis, at client level and company level, with accurate documentation and follow up
- Interpreting and analyzing data obtained from Advisers and 3rd parties
- Technical research and solution provision in the form of written compliant reports to meet client needs and objectives, meeting all internal and external regulatory requirements
- Independently identifying planning needs
- Reviewing investment portfolios, performance and asset allocation
- Implementing and evidencing clear centralised paraplanning procedures
- Proficient use of cash flow modeling software
- Solid understanding of investment risk and capacity for loss
- Maintenance and development of compliant client suitability templates and factual technical collateral.
- Consulting with the Advisers on client investment, pension, protection and tax planning, making suggestions to the Advisers and communicating and confirming proposed actions to the client
- Coordination of AIS solution and follow up with clients and platform providers
- Implement and manage due diligence procedures for plans, funds and platforms
- Effective time and caseload management
- Managing, recording and monitoring client reviews
- Assisting with the writing of technical communications
- Project work, management and coordination
- Preparation of existing client files for review and managing review requirements to ensure all client files are compliant
- Attending client meetings with the Advisers, building rapport with the clients, contributing to the meetings, taking accurate minutes and following up with the client
- Providing technical support to the Advisers and other team members
- Answering technical client queries
- Ability to achieve desired outcomes with minimum supervision
- Updating the company’s research file
- Accurate system updating on IO
- Competent administration through wrap platforms utilized by the company
- Other ad hoc duties as required.